Webcam Test - Check if your Webcam is Working
How to test your webcam?
Is your webcam not working for some reason? Test your webcam for proper operation by following the steps in Test Webcam Online on the right side of the screen.
Proven Solutions to Common Webcam Problems
Here are all the solutions to our visitors' most common webcam problems.
Do you see yourself and the number of FPS (numbers on the camera image, number of frames per second)? Then your camera has passed the test and is fine.
The camera has failed the test if you cannot see anything even after confirming the browser message. Then you need to use these steps:
- Step 1. Try using a different browser than the one you use all the time. Perhaps your software test passed a long time ago in another browser.
- Step 2. Make sure the webcam is plugged into the USB connector. When you reconnect the webcam, you should see a particular picture or hear a sound on the PC screen.
- Step 3. Some web camera models have an "ON/OFF" switch, so ensure it is set to the "ON" position.
- Step 4. Using the model number would help if you also tried downloading the latest drivers for your webcam model.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- You didn't click "Allow" when your browser asked for approval to access your webcam;
- Your webcam isn't connected to your computer. Also, inspect your cables;
- You haven't installed drivers for your webcam. You can install webcam drivers by navigating to your webcam manufacturer's website and downloading them there. Or you can use driver updating software by Driversol;
- Your webcam isn't turned on;
- Your webcam might be broken;
- Make sure something isn't blocking the webcam view.