Webcam Test - Check if your Webcam is Working
- Detecting your media devices. Please wait...
- Waiting for your permission...
- Starting your webcam. Please wait...
- Detecting the maximum supported resolution. Please wait...
- Testing your webcam. Please wait...
- A web camera was detected. Press “Test my cam” to check the functionality and supported properties of your camera.
- Several web cameras were detected. To check the functionality and supported properties of your camera, select it from the list below and press “Test my cam”. Please note that in order to obtain more accurate results it is recommended to keep enabled only one webcam.
- Testing was completed successfully. The results are displayed in the “Webcam Information” table. Please read the following tips and do not forget to leave a review about your webcam.
- Testing was completed successfully. The results are displayed in the “Webcam Information” table. Please do not forget to leave a review about your webcam.
- An unexpected error occurred. Reload the page and try again.
- Could not find any media devices. It is very likely that your browser does not allow access to these devices. Try to reload this page or open it using another browser. Just remember that to start your webcam you need to allow our website to use it.
- Could not find a web camera, however there are other media devices (like speakers or microphones). Most likely, this means that your webcam is not working properly or your browser cannot access it.
- Your browser does not support features for accessing media devices. Please upgrade your browser or install another one.
- You did not allow the browser to use the web camera. Reload the page and try again.
- Apparently, your webcam is being used or blocked by another application. To start your webcam, you must temporarily close that application.
- It looks like your browser is blocking access to webcam identifiers. Because of this, it’s impossible to detect and manage all available webcams.
- Waiting time for your permission has expired. Reload the page and try again.
- Cannot stream video. The cause may be a defective camera or that it is currently being used by another application.
- The video track is paused.
- Cannot detect any active stream of media content.
- Your webcam does not output any video tracks.
- Your browser does not support features for accessing video tracks.
- Video track not available due to technical issue.
- Your webcam suddenly stopped transmitting video track.
- For unknown reasons, the video track is disabled.
- During testing, there were errors due to which it is impossible to determine some parameters of your web camera. Reload the page and try again.
- Changing the camera will reset the current process. Do you want to continue?
- Click here to allow access to webcam identifiers
- Click here to try forcibly start the camera
- It seems your webcam shows a one-color filling. This may be due to a malfunction or third-party application that “mutes” the video stream.
- Your webcam uses too few colors. Perhaps this is due to poor visibility or bad quality webcam.
- Your webcam operates in grayscale mode. Some devices may use this mode to conserve battery power.
- The room is too dark. Turn on the light or make sure that the webcam’s LED lights shine brightly.
- The image is too bright. If you are in the operating room, it’s all right. Otherwise, try to adjust the light in the room.
- Invalid aspect ratio (at least the image is too wide). Perhaps this is a technical defect or a software error.
- Invalid aspect ratio (at least the image is too narrow). Perhaps this is a technical defect or a software error.
- Unforgivable low resolution. Check your webcam settings and select a higher resolution.
- It seems your web camera streams video as a static image. Either the webcam hangs, or as a video source, it uses regular image.
- Our test detected a low frame rate (FPS). If you have a high-quality webcam, make sure that your system is not overloaded, and then repeat the test again.
How to test your webcam?
Is your webcam not working for some reason? Test your webcam for proper operation by following the steps in Test Webcam Online.
Start the test
Once launched, the test will be run in your browser online.
Allow access to the requested device
To start the test, you must grant access to the webcam by clicking "Allow."
Correct operation of the webcam
As soon as you grant access, the video from the camera should appear on your screen. That means the webcam is working. If the camera is not working, then you should use these tips to help you.
Video on Screen
If the webcam works correctly, a picture of you on the screen will appear. You can also check the picture quality.
Service allows you to check the camera's position and put it the way you want. You can also determine where the quarters and halves of the screen are located.
Effects for a picture
You can change the brightness level and adjust the contrast to see, for example, how you would look with better lighting in a room.