Microphone Test - Check if your Microphone is Working
- Detecting your media devices. Please wait...
- Waiting for your permission...
- Starting your microphone. Please wait...
- An unexpected error occurred. Reload the page and try again.
- Could not find any media devices. It is very likely that your browser does not allow access to these devices. Try to reload this page or open it using another browser. Just remember that in order to start your microphone you need to allow our website to use it.
- Could not find a microphone, however there are other media devices (like speakers or webcams). Most likely, this means that your microphone is not working properly or your browser cannot access it.
- Your browser does not support features for accessing media devices. Please upgrade your browser or install another one.
- It looks like your browser is blocking access to microphone identifiers. Because of this, it’s impossible to detect and manage all available microphones.
- You did not allow the browser to use the microphone. Reload the page and try again.
- Apparently, your microphone is being used or blocked by another application. To start your microphone, you must temporarily close that application.
- Waiting time for your permission has expired. Reload the page and try again.
- Cannot stream audio. The cause may be a defective/disabled microphone or that it is currently being used by another application.
- The audio track is paused.
- Cannot detect any active stream of media content.
- Your microphone does not output any audio tracks.
- Your browser does not support features for accessing audio tracks.
- Audio track not available due to technical issue.
- Your microphone suddenly stopped transmitting audio track.
- For unknown reasons, the audio track is disabled.
- Click here to allow access to microphone identifiers
- Click here to try forcibly start the microphone
- Testing your microphone and recording your voice.
- A microphone was detected. Press “Test my mic” to check the functionality and supported properties of your microphone.
- Several microphones were detected. To check the functionality and supported properties of your microphone, select it from the list below and press “Test my mic”. Please note that in order to obtain more accurate results it is recommended to keep enabled only one microphone.
- Testing was completed successfully and it seems your microphone works properly. All details about your mic are displayed in the “Microphone Information” table. Please do not forget to leave a review about your microphone.
- Testing failed because your microphone could not capture any sounds. Please make sure your microphone is not muted and try again.
- Testing failed because your microphone captured only a single tone. Please make sure your microphone is not muted and try again.
- During testing, there were errors due to which it is impossible to determine some parameters of your microphone. Reload the page and try again.
- For more information, [[click here]].
- Changing the microphone will reset the current process. Do you want to continue?
- Please say “Hello” or make some noise. The tester records the sound captured by your mic and you will be able to playback it after testing is complete.
How to test your microphone?
Is your microphone not working for some reason? Test your microphone for proper operation by following the steps in Test Microphone Online.
Start the test
Once launched, the test will be run in your browser online.
Allow access to the requested device
To start the test, you must grant access to the microphone by clicking "Allow."
Correct operation of the microphone
If the microphone works correctly, the sounds produced to appear on the "Microphone activity" graph. Additionally, such sounds are often output to the speakers/headphones.
The microphone is not working properly
When the unit is not working, check this link for possible causes.
Sound waveform display
When a sound waveform appears on the screen, the microphone works correctly.
Playback sound on the speakers
Increase the volume so you can hear your voice through the speakers.
You can assess the microphone's performance by recording/playback the recorded sound.