Your PC is currently running: ...
Error Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll: how to fix it?
First, you need to understand why the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll file is missing and what the cause of the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll error is. Often the software cannot function because of flaws in the .dll files.
What does a DLL file mean? Why are there DLL errors?
DLLs (Dynamic-Link Libraries) are common libraries in Microsoft Windows, implemented by Microsoft Corporation. It is known that DLL files are just as important as files with an EXE extension. It is not possible to implement DLLs without using utilities with an .exe extension.
DLL files help developers apply standard code with information to update software functionality without using recompilation. It turns out that MSVCP100.dll files contain code with data for different programs. One DLL file was allowed to be used by other software, even if you don't need it. As a result there is no need to create copies of the same information.
When should we expect a missing Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll error to occur?
When this message appears in front of the user, there are troubles with Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll
- The program cannot start because the Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing on the PC.
- The Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing.
- Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll not found.
- Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from PC. Reinstall the program to fix the problem.
- This application cannot be started because Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is not found. Reinstall the application to fix the problem.
What to do when problems start appearing while the program is running? This is caused by faults with the Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll. There are proven ways to get rid of this error for good quickly.
Method 1: Download Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll to install manually
First of all, you need to download Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll to your computer only from our website, which is virus-free and has thousands of free Dll files.
- Copy the file to the installation directory of the program only when the program misses the DLL file.
- You can also move the DLL file to the PC system directory (for 32-bit system - C:\Windows\System32, for 64-bit system - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\).
- You should now reboot your PC.
The method did not work and you get messages - "api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll Missing" or "api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll Not Found"? Then use the following method.
Method 2: Fix Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll automatically thanks to the error correction tool
Very often an error is caused by accidentally deleting a Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll file, and this instantly causes the application to crash. Programs with viruses make the Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll and other system files get corrupted.
Fix Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll automatically thanks to a tool that fixes all errors! Such a tool is necessary for the procedure of restoring all corrupted or deleted files that are in Windows folders. You just have to install the tool, run it, and the program itself will start fixing the problems found Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll.
Was this method not helpful? Then go to the next one.
Method 3: Install/reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
The Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll error can often be detected when Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not working correctly. You should check for any updates or reinstall the software. First, use the Windows Updates search for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package to update/remove the earlier version to the newer one.
- Press the Windows logo key to select the Control Panel. Here look at the categories and press Uninstall.
- Check the version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and uninstall the earliest of them.
- Repeat uninstall procedure with rest of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
- You can also install version 3 of the 2015 Visual C++ Redistributable using the download link on the official Microsoft website.
- As soon as the download of the installation file is complete, run and install it on the PC.
- Restart PC.
Was this method not helpful? Then go to the next one.
Method 4: Reinstall the program
Is your program crashing because you don't have a .DLL file? Then reinstall the program to solve the problem safely.
Did the method fail? Proceed to the next one.
Method 5: Scan the system for malware and viruses
System File Checker (SFC) is a Windows operating system utility that allows you to scan Windows system files and detect damage and restore system files. This guide provides information on correctly running System File Checker (SFC.exe) to scan system files and recover missing/damaged system files, such as .DLLs. When a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is corrupted or simply missing, the Windows system begins to act up and with problems. Often certain Windows functions stop functioning, and your computer crashes. The option "sfc scannow" is used as one of the special switches available thanks to the sfc command, a command-line command used to run the System File Checker. You must first open the command line, then type "command line" in the "Search" field to run it. Now right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator." It is mandatory to run the command line to do a scan of the SFC.
- Run a full system scan thanks to an antivirus program. Do not rely only on Windows Defender, but choose an additionally verified antivirus program.
- As soon as a threat is detected, you should reinstall the program that shows the infection notification. It's best to reinstall the program right away.
- Try to perform a system startup restore, but only when the above methods have not worked.
- If nothing helps, then reinstall Windows.
In the command line window, enter the command "sfc /scannow" and press Enter. System File Checker will start its work, which will not last more than 15 minutes. Wait for the scan to complete, then restart your PC. Now the error 'The program cannot start due to the error Api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing on your computer should not appear.
Method 6: Registry cleaner
Registry Cleaner is considered a powerful utility for cleaning unnecessary files, fixing registry problems, figuring out the causes of slow PC operation, and troubleshooting issues. The utility is ideal for all computers. A user with administrator privileges will be able to scan and then clean the registry faster.
- Load application in Windows.
- Install the program and run it - all processes of cleaning and fixing problems on the PC will go automatically.
Method failed? Move on to the next one.